Annual Bike Ride
7th Annual Pedal and Run for the Past
Saturday, September 23, 2017
CYCLISTS, RUNNERS AND WALKERS… BE THE FIRST TO REGISTER!
ALL rides, runs and walks begin and end at Sainte-Marie among the Hurons 16164 Highway 12 East, Midland, Ontario on Saturday, September 23, 2017.
Check-in/registration/jersey-pick-up/coffee & muffins will be available at 9:30 a.m.
The Heart of Georgian Bay 100 km road ride begins at 11:00 a.m. Please arrive no later than 10:30 a.m. More details on the route will follow – stay tuned.
The Heart of Georgian Bay 50 km road ride begins at 1:00 p.m. Please arrive no later than 12:15 p.m. More details on the route will follow – stay tuned.
The Georgian Bay 25 km paved trail ride begins at 1:00 p.m. and will travel along the paved trail. Please arrive no later than 12:15 p.m.
As in past years, all cyclists will receive a new uniquely designed Pedal for the Past cycling jersey as part of their registration.
Runners and Walkers
The run and walk takes place on the Trans-Canada Trail along the shores of Midland Bay. For those interested, an alternative heritage “fun” walk through Martyr’s Shrine, Sainte-Marie among the Hurons or Wye Marsh is available.
The Georgian Bay Waterfront Trail is a pleasant stroll or easy run along the flat, paved trail (choose between 5 or 10 kms). For the more serious runner, the Mini-marathon (19 km) route will offer a challenge, all along the waterfront.
Both runs and walks begin at 1:00 p.m. Please arrive no later than 12:15 p.m. More details on the routes will follow – stay tuned.
As part of their registration all walkers and runners will receive a new uniquely designed Pedal for the Past t-shirt as part of their registration.
Signed Waiver and Release of Liability forms, any pledges and pledge forms, and the balance of your registration fee must be submitted by September 23, 2017.
ALL RIDERS and RUNNERS and WALKERS must pre-register with a non-refundable $50.00 deposit. (This will guarantee your spot and help ensure you receive your preferred shirt size).
EARLY BIRD PRIZES – All participants registered (with $50 in pledges) by June 30, 2017 will be eligible to an early bird prize.
- The remainder of the pledges (MINIMUM $200.00 in pledges for all Cyclists and MINIMUM $100.00 in pledges for all Runners and Walkers) is due on the day of the event (but can be submitted in advance if desired).
- Late registrants may still register after June 30th. However, limited custom event jerseys and t-shirts will be available on a first come–first served basis on event-day.
- Registration forms can be sent by email to Jennifer Bennett at email@example.com or by fax to (705) 329-6618:
- Deposits and pledges can be paid by Visa/Mastercard on-line. Be sure to include the name of the participant being sponsored in the comments section); make cheques payable to Friends of The OPP Museum; cash may be dropped off in person in the red mailbox at the museum gallery’s entrance or to an employee. Do not mail cash.
- Once again for 2017! You may register up to three of your children (between the ages of 8 and 18) to participate with you for FREE. Children are the responsibility of their parent at all times during the event.
Thank you to our 2016 Pedal and Run and Walk for the Past corporate sponsors!
- 6th Annual Pedal and Run for the Past
- 5th Annual Pedal and Run for the Past
- 4th Annual Pedal for the Past
- 3rd Annual Pedal for the Past
- 2nd Annual Pedal for the Past
- 1st Annual Pedal for the Past