- This event has passed.
Run With Friends
May 11, 2022 - May 31, 2022
As a special motivation, the Friends of the OPP are releasing an exclusive sneak peek at the amazing sample medal insets that participants will receive when they complete their 5k, 10k and ½ Marathon!
Designed by Matt Oliveira, Graphic Designer with the OPP Corporate Communications and Strategy Management Bureau, these medals are exclusively for 2022 participants.
How to start your training?
Just get moving!
The first step can be the toughest, so we have some suggestions to get you motivated and on your way to safely participate in the Run with Friends.
If this is your first time participating in an event, starting to train is half the battle. There are several safe training plans that will help you to prepare to walk or run:
- Exercise safety – Better Health Channel
- Beginners 5K Walk Training Schedule (verywellfit.com)
- 5K run: 7-week training schedule for beginners – Mayo Clinic
- Training for a 10K: A 10K Running Plan That’ll Work for You – (therunexperience.com)
- 5 tips for successful half-marathon training – Canadian Running Magazine
If the shoe fits… pick the best shoes for comfort and safety!
- How Should Running Shoes Fit? – Running Shoe Size Guide (runnersworld.com)
- How a Running Shoe Should Fit: Finding the Right Size & Type For You (healthline.com)
A special thank you to our generous sponsors: